Monday, August 22, 2011

Lizzie McGuire Pregnant! I'm too old for this...


OK. Breathe. I'm not old. Not even close. However, when my childhood idol, Lizzie McGuire, also respectably known as Hilary Duff announced her pregnancy, I had to pause. I watched every episode and swore all my awkward middle school run-ins with boys, mean girls and parents happened just like Lizzie's did. Right down to the obnoxious and weird younger brother.I even tried to dress in her funky clothing and colorful taste, although most of the time I ended up looking like I got dressed in a dark closet.
So, when I think about Lizzie having a child, a little part of me weeps because I know I'm no longer 10 anymore and I am, in fact, getting old...er. It's okay though, we all grow up. Even Lizzie.

I'm just waiting until Miley Cyrus has a kid...then I'll start to worrying about those age spots.





No comments:

Post a Comment